Sunday 14 January 2007

Up for the challenge!

A new Potential... The Adventurer!!

He winked at me this morning, so I had a very quick look at this profile before heading off to the hairdressers. A combination of pretty cool stuff (climbing, surfing, mountain biking), and the predictable (wine, 'roaring fire', Dan Brown!) on his profile (no photo though), so I emailed him back!

By the time I'd got back from having my hair semi tamed, The Adventurer had sent me a really funny email (with his number), and invited me out for a glass of wine that night!!

I already had plans, so couldn't make it, so I sent him a 'thanks, another time maybe?' email back, with my number. Within about 5 minutes I had my first text off him!

This texting thing is starting to grate on my nerves a little. Yes, the ability to send 160 characters on the spur of the moment is a marvel of modern technology, but the amount of texts I get in a day is just getting crazy. I haven't got the time (or money) to respond to all of them!! Honestly, between Serious Golf Pro, The Property Developer and now The Adventurer I lost count yesterday. The only way I'm going to reply to all of them is if O2 decide to sponsor me!

Anyway, I've arranged to meet The Adventurer on Monday (making that my 21st 'Face to Face')

Today it's my golf challenge with Serious Pro Golfer. There's no backing out of the bet today... not a hint of rain means the game is on. 18 holes, loser buys dinner. I don't know why I thought this was going to be a good idea. I mean, he's played the pro circuit for over 20 years, and either plays or practises every single day. I've been 'playing' for a mere six months! Even with the help of the handicap system I don't think I've a cat's chance in hell of pulling this off!

Wish me luck :)

0 Comments: