Friday 5 January 2007

"Touchingly heartbreaking"

So says a principal analyst from a well respected Marketing Institute. So, what's he talking about??

Well, basically (as I thought) he's referring to the increase in people signing up to dating sites. Apparently registrations on the site pick up right after Christmas and continue at 30 to 50 percent above average through Valentine day.

For many people, a New Year's resolution for them is that they want to be in a relationship.

For someone like me, who's still looking, this is not "touchingly heartbreaking"... it's fantastic :)

Anyway, back to current Potentials:

Serious Pro Golfer... I *may* have been sneaking to the driving range a bit, but there's a bet at stake during Sunday's game. I'm currently thinking of maybe trying to think of some different tactics to help me win (other than the obvious 'oh so cute' golf skirt)!

Oh, and Dubliner 1 of 3 (with wine cellar) emailed a couple of times last night. He wants to know if I fancy joining him in South Africa.... next week!! But I've had my three dates with him... another one would imply possible commitment, and may well encourage him to move here :/

And finally, some not so good news. Yoga Guy popped around last night (you guessed it... he was "just passing"). No chocolates or wine this time though. Instead he brought around a bunch of roses. Blimey... we've had to have another heart to heart, because he's just not getting it.

I don't want commitment, and I don't see "us" going anywhere. I like you as a friend, but seriously... if I'd liked you more than that I wouldn't still be dating (and before you ask... no, I don't hide the fact I date other people from any of my Potentials).

But, I do feel a bit bad, because I don't want to be mean :(

0 Comments: