Saturday 20 January 2007

Rules

No date last night, as I was out with real people from work (who I'll get back to in a moment), but that doesn't stop the flow of my dating life.

Serious Golf Pro had sent a text to let me know he'd sent me an email with everything he couldn't say to me face to face, so when I got home (a bit tipsy!) I rather nervously checked my emails (I mean, he was happy to ask me to marry him, so what the hell was in this email??)

There were two off him... one said he was head over heels (we know that already!), and the other was asking if I fancied a coffee today? Not exactly the outpouring of emotion I was expecting (thankfully!). Then he called to see if I'd got the email!?!? What followed was a twenty minute conversation, most of which I can't actually remember!

I SO wish that as soon as I've had a couple of drinks my mobile would just switch itself off, and not switch itself back on until I was 100% sober again, It's just possible I've agreed to marry him :/

That's one of the rules broken.... never talk to Potentials when tipsy!

Ooh, and I spoke to Local Guy too (although that was before I went for drinks, so I remember the conversation). We're going out on Tuesday for dinner. This guy is actually top of my ever changing list at the moment (mainly because he doesn't bombard me with emails/texts/outpourings of love!!).

Bottom of my list? It's got to be the guy who emailed last night, and wondered if he could watch me play golf in my underwear?!? Seriously, this comes from someone who describes himself as a 'Nice Guy'! Actually, he's top of one of my lists... the blocked one!

And one more new one... a lovely guy from Devon (are they all cute there??). He says he's new to all this, and I'm the first girl he's plucked up the courage to email (god help him!). Then he goes on to say he's not a serial dater, and is more than willing to put time and effort in with the right person, and would even relocate!

Bless... I think he's clicked on the wrong person! I am going to email him back though, because if he is genuine I should be polite and let him know I'm probably not the kind of girl he's looking for!

Now... back to people from work! There was much discussion about my dating life in the bar last night (mostly by Monkey Boy, aka 'Random Gossip Generator'). Guys... if and when I do meet 'The One' you can be sure you're NEVER going to meet him.

I can only imagine how long it would be before one of them piped up with a smart comment about my dating exploits! And even though I'm honest with Potentials, and they all know I'm 'actively dating', I don't really think they'd stay keen if one of my dear colleagues piped up with "So... which one are you? No.22?".

0 Comments: