Monday 15 January 2007

And they say it's girls that are complicated

What a strange morning I've had!

This morning I got a text off Serious Pro Golfer. He wanted me to know he's had a great couple of dates with me, but doesn't want to me again.

So I sent him one back to let him know I thought being dumped by text was very classy, but thanks for letting me know! 5 minutes later I get another text, this time to let me know he's fallen for me, which is why he sent the first one!

Now... call me stupid (on second thoughts don't... it's quite clear just who's being stupid here), but normally if you fall for someone your natural reaction isn't to let them know you don't want to see them anymore - isn't it?

I guess he's testing the water, trying to work out how high my potential commitment is, but as you all know that's fairly low, and generally at the first sign of a 'where do you see us going' I, well go!!

It's kind of a shame, because he is actually good fun, but I'm not really at a stage with anyone that deep and meaningful heart to heart conversations are high on my list. So I've sent him a little email along those lines, and told him I'm just happy at the moment to let things just sort themselves out.

So, while Serious Pro Golfer is working out where he seeing us going, I'm busy organising this weeks dates!

Tonight... The Adventurer. A quick couple of drinks after work. He made me laugh earlier (but it was an exasperated, frustrated laugh more than anything else). Why? Well, on his profile he mentions all the different outdoor pursuits he embraces... hiking in Kenya, mountaineering. All the kind of stuff that requires *some* kind of sense of direction. So why text me to find out where the bar is we're meeting at. I'm just a girl, but even I know how to read Google maps!

Wednesday lunchtime... Local Guy (the one who reappeared from back last July!). This is the first time I'm going to meet him (so 'Face to Face' 22 then). He sent me some photos of him from his Christmas party... he figured if I see him at his worst then the real thing will be so much better. I can quite clearly tell from the photos that he likes a drink, so a good start :)

0 Comments: