Sunday 14 January 2007

And the winner is?

The game... a beautiful day. He was bang on time to pick me up. We started at the range to warm up a little, and then onto the course.

The deal was loser buys dinner (and first to lose their ball buys a bottle of champagne - usual bet then!). The handicap system meant I got an extra two shots on each whole, and to give me some sort of fighting chance I also had three 'Mulligans' (for you non golfers a Mulligan is basically an extra chance at a completely ballsed up shot!).

I won the first hole... seriously - I won it!!! You can imagine how much I was skipping around the green when I worked out I'd beaten him. Modesty when winning isn't really my strong point :)

To be honest I *think* he dumbed his game down a little, because the rest of the game was pretty closely matched. I was up, then we halved a couple of holes, then he was up... and so on.

We were actually all square up until the 18th, so whoever won the last hole won the game. And so, in spectacular fashion I completely screwed it up and he won!!!

Ooh, I did win the champagne though. One of his drives went a bit astray, and although I think he only made a half hearted attempt to find it... the Verve Cliquot is mine!

After the game we went of for a late lunch/early dinner, and although he tried to pay, I always honour my bets, so I duly coughed up! He was all ready to get the champagne, but I told him to get it next time (oh yes... there is going to be a next time!)

But enough of Serious Pro Golfer... I'm still 'actively dating', so where are we with other dates??

Tomorrow night I'm meeting The Adventurer. Now, if you really listen you'll be able to hear the sound of me kicking myself... repeatedly. Why? Because after I turned down his offer of drinks last night I checked his profile again, and saw his picture. And d'you know what... he's bloody gorgeous, that's what!!

Never mind... it doesn't pay to be available at the drop of a hat. I've had a couple of texts off him today, and he's looking forward to meeting me tomorrow?!?

I've had a couple of new winks today too. One of a guy in New York (I've no idea why he stumbled across me). I'm slightly put off by his first email, that goes into great details about how long it's taken him find someone like me (scary... he doesn't even know me!). So even though he's thousands of miles away I think best avoided!!

And one more guy who's on a three day trial on the site. His first email is along the lines of "quick, I need to get to know you before my subscription runs out". Nice line fella :/

0 Comments: