Monday 1 January 2007

Home, home on the range

Date No.2 with Serious Pro Golfer. Remember my range routine... put the ball down, hit it, swear. Repeat 200 times!

How nervous was I. I'm standing next to someone who's played professionally since he was 16, trying to casually set myself up for my first shot... no pressure, no pressure at all! I'm a golfer, this is easy!

So (remembering *everything* Gorgeous H had taught me, and asking Serious Pro Golfer to turn around so he couldn't see me) I blanked him out and swung... perfect!!! The ball went straight and a decent distance, and I didn't even need to swear :)

Thank god!!!

He said I have a sweet swing (not sure if that's good or bad, but it *sounds* like a compliment). It was great fun, and although a lot of my shots were terrible he's a pretty good instructor too... what a bonus!

He wanted me to have lunch with him after the range, but I'd promised my beloved family I'd have dinner with them. What followed was a serious of unfortunate events, whereby my mothers oven gave up the ghost and dinner was switched to mine. OMG... I can't cook for my family - it wouldn't be fair on them!

Anyway, it didn't turn out too badly. The family arrived with a pile of half cooked food, and I somehow managed to break my vow of alcohol abstinence on the very first day (although I did say I could have a couple of naughty days!)

Serious Pro Golfer wants to know if we can meet again on Wednesday, and do I fancy a round of golf next weekend!

I haven't decided whether to go on Wednesday yet. Why? Well that would be a third date, and as you know that's a bit of a milestone for me, so I'm tempted to hang on for a couple of days, and make the round of golf the third date. Then at least I get to make the most of it ;)

Other Potentials... Dubliner 1 of 3 (with wine cellar) called. He's still thinking of moving over.

And Baileys Guy (with what I've now decided has a voice like the drink itself) called... I missed his call but he left a message. So I called him back and left a message for him. I'm thinking our answering services are probably more familiar with each other than we are!

Ooh... and today, a wink off a guy who's looking for "someone to stroll down the slow lane with".

Me, in the slow lane?? I don't think so!

0 Comments: