Tuesday 16 January 2007

Two goods, one bad... and one ever so slightly mad!

Good number one... Serious Golf Pro. Yes, he's thoroughly smitten! We met for coffee lunchtime, and even though he keeps throwing in ideas for dates up until the end of Feb, I think he gets that I'm not going to commit to anything just yet! So, we just had a nice coffee, and arranged dinner for tomorrow!

Good number two... Local guy. After a couple of emails back and forth trying to sort out a time that suits us both, we're going to meet for a coffee tomorrow lunchtime (I should get one of those loyalty cards they give out at the coffee shop, the amount of coffee dates I'm accumulating here!). At one point a teatime date was on the cards, but there was a risk that if it overran I would be late for Serious Golf Pro, and I didn't think that was fair!

Bad... Dubliner 1 of 3 (with wine cellar). He's on holiday at the moment, and wanted me to fly out to join him. I'd already said I couldn't, but he asked a couple more times. Eventually I sent an email, but he's called since, and I've tried (more than once) to call him back, but no luck.

But today he kind of overstepped the mark, and called the office to speak to me. Now, I'm slightly peeved about this, because I never give my work number out to anyone... for the simple reason I don't want anyone to call me in work. So he must have googled me (not a problem in itself - I do it all the time), but found the number and called.

Luckily I wasn't around at the time, so missed his call. My friend was fab, and made sure if he called again I would be out! So that little act puts him off the list completely. It just reminds me ever so slightly of things that went on pre-dating, and I'm not going there again.

And ever so slightly mad... The philosopher. I've had an email off him tonight, but in all honesty I have no idea what he's saying. No idea at all?!?

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.