Wednesday 30 August 2006

Another new date

Cool... I've got a date tomorrow night with New One (Rugby Fan!).

He sounds like fun! He seems nice (tm), because he gets hangovers, he's busy, and he *sounds* like he's got a sense of humour (oh, Bruv... his laugh doesn't annoy me either!)

So, we're going for a coffee (aka wine!) tomorrow night. Now, I'm not meeting him in the bar downstairs, because I'm pretty sure the staff will begin to talk! So I'm venturing out over the road for this one :)

I've spoke (quite seriously) last night to Sweet Guy. He wanted to meet tonight, but I couldn't (in fact I'm seriously lacking babysitters this week). He's still being a bit intense, so I've told him I'm only after some lighthearted kind of dating.

I think I've worked out the problem I've been getting. If I meet Potentials too soon after the initial "mutual contact" I don't really get to know them enough in a "virtual way". So really speaking I should give it a couple of weeks before meeting any of them 'face to face'. Having said that, I've only had 'mutual contact' with New One (Rugby Fan) since the weekend.

So I guess if this one goes the same way at least I can be a bit more sure my theory is right!

The guy who's name I got mixed up has finally given up (thank the lord!), but I did have another mixed up moment last night. Sweet Guy called, and I mentioned something about his flatmate. He doesn't have a flatmate, he says. Bugger... wrong profile again!

And... bless. This other new Potential (again from the weekend) who I don't think I've mentioned yet. He seemed OK at first, but yesterday sent me a poem. Sweet, you may think... only the poem was about an iron bridge that goes nowhere. I know... poetry is a bit like art, and what's good for some is not good for others. Well, I showed my son, who just looked at me and said "block him"!!

Superhero is still in touch daily... he's said the next time I'm in London shall we meet for cocktails.

Ooh, and Dubliner 1 of 2 (with Wine Cellar) wants to know if I fancy going camping with him, in the Kalahari!!! Sounds like a plan... but where will he put the wine??

0 Comments: