Friday 18 August 2006

Pre date rumble

Five hours before my next date, with (Not) Earthy Kind... and I think the Gods of rumbles are against this one!

First off all there's the mother of all storms going on. Rumbling thunder since about 4am. So at the moment it looks like golf will be off (which means I'm one outfit down!).

We have an alternative plan of a lazy lunch somewhere romantic!! Here's where the second God of rumbles may well cause a problem. Since yesterday morning, lets just say I've been suffering with a *very* delicate stomach :( Golf would've been OK, because as long as I don't eat I'm fine, but a lazy lunch is going to be a problem.

I'm going to have to make sure I get a seat close to the toilets!!!

Local Potential (with same name Third Date Possible) emailed - he tried to call but I'd given him the wrong number! oops! I double checked, and yes - it was completely wrong. I'm not well, and my brain is a little more ditzy than usual! Anyway, I don't think he would've got through anyway... I was over an hour on the phone to (Not) Earthy Kind!

Third Date Possible is back from his hols. I got a text last night to see if I wanted to share a bottle of wine with him there and then! Said no for three reasons...

  1. No babysitter
  2. my delicate stomach is not handling wine very well at all... believe me, I tried a couple of glasses last night!
  3. The rules clearly state "Never say yes to last minute dates". I mean, does he seriously think I'm not busy ;)

So he's doubled checked we're OK for Saturday!

Ooh... I think Cute from Devon has been on an online dating communications course. Last night he started with his usual one liner (I think the only reason I'm persevering with this guy is he is *so* so cute!), but after that he started to get all deep and philosophical, in a nice funny way! He's even suggested meeting up over the bank holiday!

So he's not just a pretty face. Although (and I've said this before), he may have roped in a friend to write his emails for him.

0 Comments: