Tuesday 8 August 2006

That man... how does he do it! He's going to make me late again :)

Dubliner 2 of 2 (with wine cellar) I mean.

I'm about to get ready to go to a BBQ with some of my loveliest (real life) friends, so not a lot of time to check potentials. But my little email box has flashed blue so I can't resist a look.

And there it is... the most gorgeous email yet! It's going to take me hours pour over this one. So for now I've just had to speed read it, but wow... it's a good one!

Oh, and he's got to a dozen roses... but get this - he has asked very very nicely for my address so he can sent me real ones!!

Phew... calm down girl!

I forgot to mention one of the new ones from the weekend which made me jump. Normally there's a kind of etiquette that goes on in the online dating world, something like this:

1. You send me a wink
2. I (half) read your profile, and if I think you've got potential to be a Potential I wink back.
3. You send me an email (ideally more than one sentence), that catches my eye/makes me smile.
4. I email you back... and so it goes.
5. At some stage we may exchange photo's.

But this one from the weekend... straight in there with one sentence, a photo and mobile number!! No wink, no sweet nothings, just "text me"! Totally out of the blue. Now where's the romance in that!

And before go out, there's a couple of thanks you's I have to do:

Thank you Bruv, for offering to let my son stay at yours on Friday night so I can go on my second date. I promise not to get too drunk :)

And thank you JP, for the offer of developing the "Potential Dates Database Management Software"(tm). Maybe once it's developed you could sell it to the dating site as an add on. I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets confused.

Oh, and as I told you JP, I've read your blog (you read mine, I read yours - that's fair isn't it). I'm sure my business card doesn't have me as "Customer Support Bunny"!

... but seriously - I wish it did. How cute would that be :)

And lastly... need to start my birthday countdown. It's only 6 days away, which doesn't give me a lot of time to start pressie hinting!

I think I *may* be OK for flowers :)

3 Comments:

Jon Pearse said...

I'm sure my business card doesn't have me as "Customer Support Bunny"!

Well, then we must get them reprinted with the correct job title ... it's that simple.

:D

Anonymous said...

See, and they wouldn't let me get "Code Monkey" stuck on mine :(

/PHil

Ms Jones said...

Hey Phil,

you don't need business cards... you Code Monkeys usually have it emblazoned on your t shirts don't you :)