Thursday 13 July 2006

The rules

Funny... there seems to be an unwritten rule when sending emails. You send one, I send one... you send one, I send one. So if you don't send one, I don't - simple.

I got an email today off one of the locals (I've been through the blog, I can't remember when I last mentioned him). He wanted to know where I've been, have I met someone else, do I not want to stay in touch... blah blah blah.

So I checked through my emails, and yep I did email him last. So it was his turn, not mine! The fact I hadn't heard from him meant I'd dropped him off my list!

I've emailed him back, as apart from his obvious rule breaking he seems nice!

Dubliner 1 of 2... how sweet - he's checked our star sign compatibility. Apparently it's an interesting mix. He wanted to know if I really am fiery?? Well, not really, but...

Metro Man (not a Potential - he's a real person)... I'm close to killing him!

Every single day we do the some routine. I walk past him avoiding his gaze; he then asks if I'd like a copy of the Metro; I smile and say "no thank you"; he says "please" and pushes the Metro closer to me; I say "no thank you"; he says "please". This has been going on for months. Surely he knows by now I DON'T WANT ONE!!!

He's going to catch me with PMT one day!

Dubliner 2 of 2 - He's suggested an alternative get together (remember, he wanted to meet the day before my birthday). Early September is more likely!

Two months ago I thought I was going to be spending the entire summer (and probably the rest of my life) staring at 4 walls with no social life to speak of. Now I'm arranging dates for the autumn!

1 Comment:

*~*Michelle*~* said...

Wish I could abide by that rule...I keep sending endless unreturned emails -- send me some your strength, please! :)

Found your blog using the Next Blog button, btw.