Wednesday 18 April 2007

Valeas, lacerta!

It seems like I seized the wrong day (or should I say date!)

Sun Reader... that's what tonight's 'Carpe Diem' was! For those of you not familiar with the British tabloids, The Sun must rank as possibly the trashiest piece of shite known to man.

I was saved the torture of listening to this guy vent his spleen about most of society by a fabulous old friend (not *the* Old Friend) who I used to climb with. Climbing Friend sent me a text (actually asking for this blog address), while I was in mid flow, arguing about the Navy!

When I say arguing... it's bloody difficult to have any kind of rational debate with someone who seriously believes everything he reads from a tabloid that has less substance than a comic.

After I got the text (Climbing Friend... I owe you big time for the interruption!) it was easy for me to escape, on the pretence than Voice of Reason needed me back home! I almost ran out of the bar... stopping only to give The Barman a thumbs down.

And here's the big yuck... I've had an email off him this morning (Sun Reader that is... Voice of Reason isn't quite at the stage of emailing me yet!). After the standard 'Sorry' bit, he then goes on to tell me he actually found my passion attractive, and that he wants meet up (apparently for *more* than a drink) again soon.

Oh dear :(

0 Comments: