Thursday 26 April 2007

Strangers in the night

The Teacher... great fun! Now, you may be wondering just what's happened since my last post. How can I tell what he's like so quickly. Well, this guy moves in record time, and in the space of a couple of hours our Mutual Contact went email, text, Skype, phone... and finally Face to Face.

Seriously... Face to Face No.35 (which will make The Artist No.36. More on him later though), was a spontaneous midnight date! Now normally I have oodles of time to spend pampering myself from top to toe, but this was more a frantic rush to switch out of my totally unglamourous PJ's and yeti boots into something a little more ladylike, wishing I hadn't already downed 3 glasses of wine (I did have time to quickly Google him though, just to make sure he was who he said he was)

He showed up, smart, and armed with (more) wine and nibbles. Good man! The last time I had a Face to Face so rapidly it turned out to be a disaster, not this time though... it was pretty good fun. I think one of the things that struck me as refreshing was that he was pretty clued up on the whole online dating malarkey, so there was none of that 'so, where do you see us going' shenanigans :)

And luckily it must've been past The Whistler's bedtime, because the barrage of texts had died down! He's back up to speed today, so my phone has been on silent (to avoid any potential embarrassment)

Now, back to The Artist. Bless... he's emailed to let me know he's nervous about meeting me tomorrow.

Why?

Oh, and finally... something to make you laugh. I just got a text off Voice of Reason wanting instructions on how to rustle up scrambled eggs (I know, his cooking skills are worse than mine). So I sent him them by text. Only I didn't... I actually sent them to The Dentist by mistake!

Oops :)

0 Comments: