Saturday 28 April 2007

Mrs Robinson

The Artist. For once actually better looking in real life. I spotted him as soon as I walked into the bar. He didn't actually look too 'artisty', if you what I mean (well, once he'd taken off his tweed jacket anyway)

Strangely he'd brought me a pressie of a packet of gold stars, although I'm exactly sure why... maybe my outstanding achievement in the world of online dating?

Our conversation ranged from Marlene Dietrich to Steve Jobs (I know, it's a strange combination), while he supped his hot chocolate. True to form I got stuck into wine at the earliest opportunity :)

The one thing I found slightly strange was his concern about our ages. He's about 4 years younger than me, which in my book doesn't really constitute a 'gap' at all, but one of the first things he asked was if I was OK with that. And a couple of times through the night he quite proudly mentioned he'd never been out with an older woman before!?!

I felt like asking The Barman for my zimmerframe on the way out.

Voice of Reason wanted my verdict as soon as I got home (Christ, that is a sign of getting old... your offspring still up when you get back!). I gave him the gold stars, and he just rolled his eyes, muttering something about me meeting *weird* people!

So, will I be seeing him again? Well, he's seems like the sort of person who would be OK to do lunch with. A coffee shop type date, so maybe.

Anyway, the weekend is here, so what are my plans? Well, Voice of Reason is about for most of it, which has scuppered my original plans of escaping with my Old Friend (please Old Friend, let's do Portugal, soon!), but I'm squeezing in two dates around my parental duties; The Teacher and The Poulter Wannabe.

Tonight is second date with The Teacher. I don't know what we're doing yet, just that it's tonight. Obviously that gives me a little dilemma on what to wear, but I have ideas. He's fairly smart, so I can get away with yesterday's impulse buy!

And tomorrow is The Poulter Wannabe's second chance. I know I was a bit peeved after our first, but he was quite cute, and has invited me for a late lunch, so why not?

0 Comments: