Tuesday 17 April 2007

Carpe diem

My stars for today said "... there are opportunities for romance or companionship, but you must create the magic yourself. Find the courage to seize the moment and make something happen". I'm not actually a huge believer in astrology though... if there's good words like 'romance', 'magic', 'wine' or 'lottery' then great, but otherwise I tend to ignore them!

But today I've seized the moment, and in a couple of hours I'm off out for a glass of wine. 'Face to Face' No.33!

So... who's the lucky Potential then??

Well, he's a local guy who I actually started 'Mutual Contact' with at the end of last year (if I had time I'd go back through the blog to find him, but I'm on a tight schedule here!). He's one of these that kind of come and go, and every now and then he asks me out for a drink. Anyway, this afternoon he sent me an email asking me did I fancy meeting up... and this time I thought 'why the hell not?'

So in a little under two hours I'm meeting him for a drink! I bet you're wondering what he's like?!? Well, so am I really. His emails don't really give that much away, and I haven't checked his profile yet, so this is *kind* of a blind date.

Now, hindsight being the wonderful thing it is, there's now a couple of new rules of dating:

1 - Never tell new Potentials that I've had oodles of other dates (it does kind of shock them! I don't know why... maybe they want to think they're the first; that I've been holding out for them).

2 - Don't mention where I live - at all. Just be vague (I know, I know... easy for me!).

To be honest it's just as well I'm going on a date. The last time I had a cat it came to a rather unfortunate early demise (I *was* only 5), so I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to take on that kind of responsibility!

0 Comments: