Friday 20 April 2007

Grammar alert

one paragraph with spelling mistakes and incorrect cApitaliSation is never going to get me winking back at you even if you do have a GSHO and you want bit.

I'm guessing this latest actually means he "won't bite", but maybe I'm wrong... maybe he does "want bit". But of what??? Anyway, I'm not going to email him back to find out. You just know 'Mutual Contact' with him is going to be too much like hard work!

So, another unsuitable binned immediately. Now it's Friday, so what's my dating outlook for the weekend? I've actually got 'Face to Face' No.34 planned for Sunday morning! I'm off for a round of golf and lunch with the Poutler Wannabe. I just hope my 'oh so cute' golf skirt* matches his outfit... but as it's not pink I'm not sure it will!!

I've decided golf dates are my favourite first date. As usual there is going to be a challenge, but I think the reason I like them is that even if you don't actually get on too well it's still fun. And you can easily avoid having to talk too much by just making sure your shots tend to go the opposite side of the fairway, so effectively you meet on the tees and greens... both places where golf etiquette dictates not a lot of talking is supposed to go on. In fact, most of the time the only word I seem to be able to say at both places is 'bugger'. He's going to think I'm coprolaliac!!!



* My Old Friend pointed out last weekend that my 'oh so cute' golf skirt is not *actually* a skirt at all. It's one of those 'skort' thingies. Well, I know, but it's still cute, and does the job of protecting my modesty while I'm teeing up! Old Friend, most of the guys at my club are well past retirement age... I don't want to be giving them a heart attack every time there's a slight breeze :)

0 Comments: