Friday 6 April 2007

the shame :(

Golf... the most annoyingly frustratingly fabulous game. This afternoon was gorgeous, and as my dating life is currently abysmal I've decided to throw myself into the game.

So today... a ladies competition. Now, I know most of the other ladies have been playing since before I was born, but I should now be able to at least keep up.

I blame Gorgeous H for the upset today. I bumped into him before I was due to tee off and we sorted out a lesson for Sunday (the forecast is good, so the 'oh so cute' skirt is out!). Then he goes off to practise his perfect swing.

I always have some kind of mental block on the first tee. It's a combination of things... the tee is in front of the clubhouse, so on a sunny day there's always people milling about... and the practise green is alongside (which is exactly where Gorgeous H was today).

So, I tee up, but out of the corner of one eye I can see a bunch of people enjoying a lunchtime drink, and out of the corner of my other eye I can see Gorgeous H watching to make sure my swing was doing OK. The result (apart from the fact my eyes are both stuck in the corners)... my beautiful swing sends the bloody ball off to the side, landing squarely at Gorgeous H's feet.

Bugger, bugger, bugger :(

Gorgeous H called this evening, to see if I wanted to bring the lesson forward. Um, yes please... I think so, don't you.

Other news... The Twin has now decided I need a complete running commentary on his blossoming relationship, and The Dentist *still* wants to have that drink!

0 Comments: