Tuesday 20 February 2007

What do you mean, he's not 'The One'?

Thursday I'm out for a meal with The Wine Loving Workaholic. Seems like an OK guy, interesting... his emails are *slightly* on the naughty side, so I'm going to have to watch him a little bit!

The the weekend. The Anthropologist. This guy is fantastic, and for some reason I'm actually very nervous about meeting him (I guess his insecurities are starting to rub off on me). His emails are brilliant, he's funny, intelligent... and even cute!

We're going to watch all the weekend sports... that's three rugby games and football, which technically makes it two dates (I think!)

And JP and Sysadmin Honey... he could be 'The One'. I don't care what I said about Dubliner 1 of 3 (with Wine Cellar), or Local Guy, or Serious Golf Pro. I've just got a feeling about this one!

Now, there's just one problem I can see with this date... watching three rugby games in one day potentially means a *lot* to drink, and those of you that know me well will know what I'm like when I'm drunk... I rapidly lose the ability to speak coherently (and I mean rapidly!) One minute I can be having a (semi) sensible conversation, and the next it's complete and utter gibberish (just ask The Englishman, The Irishman and The Scotsman!).

So, I'm going to have to pace myself all day, and all night! Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I actually really like this guy :)

But hey, if it doesn't work out (as my esteemed colleagues pointed out, I do tend to be a bit fickle) I've had some emails off this new guy today. He's fairly local, and a journalist, and wants to take me out for a drink!

I wonder if he'd be interested in my story?

0 Comments: