Tuesday 13 February 2007

No date?

As a serial dater, you'd think the idea of spending Valentines night alone would be horrifying... but that's what I'm doing!!

Seriously... I've no date lined up for tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I've had invites (three off Potentials past and present). There was even a plan with my Old Friend that if we hadn't hooked up we'd do something together (and to be fair, that was actually the most tempting!). So why, after something like 8 months of searching for 'The One' am I staying in?

Because whereas last night my head felt as though it was full of cotton wool, tonight it has been completely emptied and replaced with a bucket full of slime. Seriously... I can't stop the bloody stuff oozing from me nose, and I just feel crappy. So it really wouldn't be fair to put anyone through a night of me constantly sniffing and sneezing.

Unbelievable... the most romantic night of the year, and I'm full up with a cold!

So, forget it's Valentines day tomorrow, and onto my progress with The Anthropologist. Now, yesterday he told me he thinks I'll be disappointed if we actually met up. I must've been able to give him a pretty good response, because I got an email off him today. He's off to London for a couple of days, but would like my number so we could keep in touch. That's better :)

I've had a couple of quite sweet (and even one cheeky) texts off him during the day, and one to say is was secretly pleased I didn't have a date for tomorrow, because he's keen to meet up when he gets back! And I don't think I am going to be disappointed... I noticed his picture today, and he's looks pretty good (I know, I said that about Music Man!)

Ooh, and I've started 'Mutual Contact' with a new local guy today, but more on that tomorrow... I need to go and blow my nose (again!)

0 Comments: