Wednesday 14 February 2007

The Valentine Pixie

I worked out who the roses are from! Baileys Guy (who at last count was top of the list anyway).

Roses on Valentine's day, with a cryptic little note! Now, I don't care what people say about how the day is just a commercial ripoff created by Hallmark to con millions of people out of their pennies. They're wrong, it's so romantic :)

What other little romantic gestures did I get:

A text at about 1:30 this morning of a guy I dated back last July (one of the first). He was missing me, and did I want to share champagne with him?!? Well, as I'm not at the stage where I need to recycle old dates, that's a No!

A sweet email and couple of texts off The Anthropologist. So, he's keeping in touch (and his emails are starting to get a little cheeky!). I'm looking forward to meeting him when he gets back.

Some strange emails off a Valentine Pixie, encouraging me to 'look closely around my workspace, for within reach, the secret to life and happiness lies within a Jiffy'... followed a couple of hours later by 'The key to happiness is closer than you think. Reach out and touch - it is within your reach.'

Part of me thought it was spam, and part of me thought it was one of my Work Friends winding me up, but every now and then I kind of surreptitiously (thanks for the word JP) had a little look around my desk, just in case there was an unopened Jiffy Bag!

Eventually I think the Valentine Pixie got bored of me trying to find the 'key to happiness' I had another message practically guiding me to it... and low and behold, under a pile of papers was a jiffy bag, with my name on it!!

By now I'm giggling like hell! I've no idea who the Valentine Pixie is, but all I can say is it knows me so so well, and the gift inside was perfect :) Thank you Valentine Pixie, you're amazing!

Oh, and JP... thank you for my favourite chocolate too (H)!

Music Man... now here's something interesting. He wanted to meet up tonight, but my snotty nose is saying no (or more like 'doh' at the moment). Anyway, he's rung today and wanted to check I'm OK, and how about just a quick drink, 'just as mates' sort of thing. So, I'm thinking I may just nip out for one or two (and tonight, in honour of the most romantic of my Potentials I should at least drink Baileys!)

Happy Valentines Day everyone... I hope you all have a Valentine Pixie :)

0 Comments: