Monday 12 February 2007

43 bulbs

Yesterday's bored lull has become clear now. I woke up this morning with the mother of all colds. Seriously... if a man had what I've got there would be a 5 mile cordon around his bed! So basically I'm wallowing in self pity.

It was a good job I cancelled my second date with Music Man... my brain has currently been swapped with a bucket full of cotton wool! Not cute at all!

Which makes dealing with the emails I've had today a little more difficult.

First Local Guy. We had a really cool date last weekend (mid way though the Irish weekend), and had tentatively made plans for dinner sometime. Tonight I get an email off him to say he's confused about what I think of him, and wasn't sure I was totally serious about him. Yep... the 'where do you see us going' one!

That means I have to somehow construct a reply that doesn't put him off (because at the moment I do like him), but still being vague (hard to do with a head full of cotton wool!)

Then The Anthropologist. Now, I haven't actually met this guy, but we've had fantastic emails back and forth. But tonight his email was kind of on the lines of 'I really want to meet you, but think you'll be disappointed'. Eh? Why don't you let me be the judge of that!

Again, that means I have to somehow construct a reply that doesn't put him off (because at the moment I like him), but still being vague (hard to do with a head full of cotton wool!)

So, potentially two down tonight, only because I can't muster up the enthusiasm or intelligence to deal with these kind of issues. I don't understand why these guys can't just let things just develop.

Anyway, I've more immediate problems at the moment (apart from my sickness). A bulb has gone in my shower room. My place has 43 bulbs, only two of which I can't work out how to change. This happened in my old place, but luckily I moved so didn't have to deal with it. I can't move again, just because I'm in the dark!

I need a tall man who's good with electrics :)

0 Comments: