Sunday 4 February 2007

an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman

Don't worry, those are not new Potentials, it's just certain members of my extended family and friends who want a mention, so here goes:

The Englishman... yes, your boobs ARE bigger than mine.
The Irishman... remind me again of your 'cunning plan'.
The Scotsman... Why Lobster?

Anyway, back to me! It's mid way through the Irish weekend (and so far my liver is holding up!). Yesterday's date with Local Guy was pretty cool.

Golf first... The challenge yesterday was a bit bigger than normal. If I won not only did I get tickets for the rugby, but also drinks after with various members of the Irish Rugby squad (and as my mother is dead set on me marrying Brian O'Driscoll it would be the perfect opportunity to suss him out!). There was also the standard side bet that whoever loses their ball first buys a bottle of champagne!

I'll never understand why guys fall for that bet. They generally hit the ball way further than me, but it only takes one bad shot for it to be in the trees, and at this time of year (when there's all manner of leaves and mush about) it's really difficult to find your ball. I can always see where mine is, because it doesn't go that far!

So, by the 4th I'd won my champagne! Actually, I wish the bet had been a bottle for each ball lost. If it had I could well be opening my own branch of Oddbins now... I think he lost in the region of 10 balls!

One thing he didn't lose was the game. He won by two holes :(

My excuse... well, I haven't got one really. We were all square until the 17th, but he pulled it back on the last two :(

So, I've lost out on drinks with my mothers ideal man!

After the game we had a drink, and he was all up for tagging along last night to meet my extended family and friends. At that point I felt it was only fair to mention that not only were my lot probably going to be 'slightly drunk', but he'd also come face to face with the member of my beloved family who knows him really well!

Faced with that he understandably decided to give it a miss!!

However, we have arranged another date this week!

Right... there's loads more to say (including details of two new potentials!), but I need to get ready! Today is rugby, and my 'Face to Face' No.23 with Baileys Guy :)

0 Comments: