Sunday 25 February 2007

The result

So, the date with The Anthropologist...

I decided not to go on Friday, so we stuck to the original plan of meeting up to watch the rugby. Now, he was nervous as hell, and so wanted to have a bit of a walk before we hit the pub.

But I got a text off him to say he was running late, so to meet him straight in the pub. I got there and he wasn't there, so I fought my way to the bar to get a drink (I think we'd chosen the busiest one in town!). I was just taking my first sip of Guinness when I got a text to say he was outside... they wouldn't let him in because the place was full to the brim.

I've got an almost full pint of Guinness, and my Jubilee date was stuck outside. You can imagine my dilemma... Guinness or Guy, Guinness or Guy!!!

I left him out there 5 minutes while I hastily downed the entire pint (I know, my priorities may be slightly out of order, but it was delicious). He was waiting outside like a nervous lost lamb!

Anyway, we moved on to a quieter bar, and watched the most fantastic game ever. Because I was wearing my teams shirt, after the game I got lots of hugs and kisses off strangers congratulating me... and he was not happy :/

Seriously... every time it happened he asked me if I knew them, or if they were somebody I'd dated!?! Bloody hell... my team had smashed the opposition - it was only right I got kissed by all and sundry :)

What followed almost got nasty, because obviously I took offence at the implication that (a) I was too flirty, or (b) I've apparently dated everyone in this city (I don't think 25 dates constitutes everyone... this is a big place after all!). He kind of spoiled what should've been a fantastic night, and 'Face to Face' was completely different.

Men!!! Honestly... I'm thinking of giving this all up :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, he sounds really insecure. Thats a shame.

Dont get discouraged. Got to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince!
-Friend from work.

Ms Jones said...

Frogs, toads... I've had more than my share of amphibians! I'm thinking of running away with my Old Friend now instead ;)