Monday 11 September 2006

Soulmate not required

Last nights date... the experimental (as in no alcohol) one. A definite no, for a couple of reasons:

First, he was late. Now, that in itself isn't so bad, but when he did show he didn't even seem to realise! No problem I thought... it's not a major no no!

Secondly, he told me he wanted to let me know a bit about his current situation, to see if I was OK with it. Go on, I say... *slightly* worried.

Turns out he's only just split up from his wife, and at the moment they're still living in the same house. Now, in one way I was glad he was upfront and honest, but on the other hand I was slightly concerned about the fact he's put himself out there before he's even moved out.

His profile clearly said he was looking for a soulmate, so I'm guessing there's a potential emotional nightmare just brewing with him, so it's a 'thanks, but no thanks'!

Now, today I've had three new winks (someone somewhere must know I've narrowed my Potentials down, and decided I needed new ones!)

Wink One... straight 'thanks, but no thanks'. One of his favourite things was the obligatory sofa/DVD combo, but this time he'd added 'wearing comfy clothes'. Now, I'm not one for heels and a Chloe dress while watching the Da Vinci code, but I've seriously never felt the need to make that be known. It just worried me... I mean, what does he mean by 'comfy clothes'. I don't want to find out!

Wink Two... now this is an interesting one. He's a designer, who likes red wine and lives by the sea (so handy for those romantic walks). I've emailed him back.

Wink Three... A builder from Wiltshire. Interesting guy, even though he likes (and I quote) "cosy moments like curling up on the sofa with that special someone, with a nice glass of wine and a good DVD". If it wasn't for the fact he's a builder (so I'm thinking fit) it would be a 'thanks, but no thanks', but in my head there's a Potential Diet Coke Man there!

Now, a funny thing happened today. Every couple of days the dating site emails you a list of who it thinks Matches you the most. Top of it's list today is Rugby Guy, with an 83% match.

We're currently working out what the 17% we don't match on is!!

0 Comments: