Thursday 7 September 2006

Good vibes, bad vibes and a goodbye

First the good vibes... Outdoor type and I are meeting up on Sunday evening for a drink. Once again he Seems Nice (tm). He wanted to meet on Saturday, but I'm currently weighing up my options so thought it would be easier not to complicate my already complicated time too much!

Another good vibe... Rugby Fan sent a cool text today. I like him, because he keeps in touch, but not too intensely.

Now the bad vibes. Sweet Guy (who I thought was happy with things as they are... after all, it's been less than two weeks since we met) has been giving me a bit of a guilt trip about the amount of time I'm giving him.

He wanted to meet tomorrow night, but I'm away for the day, and have planned the remainder of the evening with my son (remember him - we've got a night together with a film and some ready meals!!)

So I suggested Saturday... meaning the evening. I'm playing golf in the afternoon, is 7ish OK? No, it's not OK - that was clearly the wrong thing to say.

Again I'm getting a sense of neediness. Questions about my level of commitment (none, but not in a mean way... more like in a cautious way) and my priorities (in this order... me and my family, work, hobbies... Potentials in 5th place).

So (and I do feel quite crap about doing this) I've told him I don't think we're quite in the same place about the whole "where do I see us going" thing, and it's probably best if we don't meet up again. I really do feel not nice, because Sweet Guy is a Sweet Guy, but I'm so not ready for the level of guilt I got off him today. After two years of that I see the warning signs a bit easier now.

Anyway... on a more positive note (because I don't do negativity as a rule), my option for Saturday night?? Remember Third Date Possible? Well, he sent me a text to see if I fancied meeting up on Saturday... just for a drink (he said I was fun, so even though we're going nowhere he fancied a night out for a laugh!).

So as long as he hasn't got a hidden agenda to persuade me to commit in any way... why not!

0 Comments: