Monday 4 September 2006

Post mortem

The weekend dates... both funny, in different ways!

First of all - Saturday afternoon golfing with (Not) Earthy Kind. He rang a couple of hours before, because the weather wasn't that good. Did I want to go to the cinema, and for a meal instead???

Nope - that would constitute a level of togetherness I really don't want to do. So, I guaranteed him the weather was so much better where I was, and I was really looking forward to playing.
It all started off so well... I brushed aside the minor hint of rain on the 5th. By the 7th the "hint of rain" was a bizarre sideways torrential downpour! He (being a much more experienced golfer) had a full set of waterproofs and umbrella. Me (being a very inexperienced golfer) had a hoodie!

A number of times he asked did I want to finish the game early. Not a chance... I was winning!! The beauty of being an inexperienced golfer is you don't take the weather into consideration. He spent ages trying to change his swing to account for the wind/rain... me, I just brushed the rain out of my eyes and hoped for the best!

And the result... I won by two holes!! How cool was that!

We nipped to the bar for a quick drink after the game. He offered to buy me a meal, but I turned him down (even though I was starving) for two reasons:

  1. I was soaked, and didn't have a change of clothes
  2. Date Two involved a meal!!
So, a quick dash from the club home (after th promise of another game soon), and I had just enough time to get myself ready for Date Two!! Barely enough time to shower, enhance my looks, and straight back out!

Date Two - Sweet Guy. We were meeting for dinner and cocktails!

When I met him he was carrying a rather large pressie. How sweet... he didn't know me when it was my birthday and wanted to give me a late present!! And what a fab present. An entire box of Curly Wurly's. I love love Curly Wurly's, and now I've got 48 bars (well, 45 now) for my sheer enjoyment!

We had a fab night... I had to remind him gently a couple of times I'm not actually interesting in being a "couple", and let's just have a nice time. So we did! A beautiful meal, and oodles of cocktails!

I will see him again, because he is fun, on a level.

Sunday - no dates, just a family day. My Bruv cooked a beautiful meal for me and various beloved family members. It was so funny. I'm roping my auntie into online dating too. She's the most technologically backward person I know, and at the moment doesn't even have even dial up at home. How on earth is she going to cope with the influx of emails.

There's no point asking my ditzy niece (the aspiring PA) to help out. My auntie, myself, and my ditzy niece have unfortunately got the exact same gene makeup... three generations of stupidity in the same room on Sunday!

Tonight New Guy (Rugby Fan) called. He's invited me out tomorrow night! Fab... I like him. So we're off for tapas!

Ooh, and really cool news. Dubliner 1 of 2 (with Wine Cellar) has sorted out his flights... at the end of the month he'll be here! Wow :)

0 Comments: