Tuesday 20 June 2006

What's that rhyme...?

One Potential, Two Potential, Three Potential, Four... and on it goes!

No.1 - "no thanks"
No.2 - ongoing mutual contact, wants to meet!
No.3 - ongoing mutual contact
No.4 - ongoing mutual contact
No.5 - ongoing mutual contact
No.6 - an email... and I loved his style!

OMG!! I'm going to meet one of these Potentials - the plan says I have to! So, I've agreed to a coffee, somewhere safe (Sis - remember the plan... phone me right!), just need to sort out when.

Now, I've discovered some fundamental flaws in the plan that didn't occur to me when I took this challenge on... It takes up so much of my spare time dealing with 'Ice Breakers', doing the whole 'Mutual Contact' thing, and searching for that perfect champagne/chocolate/dream date profile, I don't think I'm actually going to have time to go out - at all!

Old routine (Well, I say old... it HAS only been 4 weeks): Get up; get son up; get ready for work; go to work (work hard to be outstanding); go home; cook food; nag son; glass of wine; nag son; do a bit of work from home; glass of wine; watch Big Brother; send son to bed; lovely long candlelit bath (with glass of wine); finish bottle of wine; sleep!! This routine would be randomly interspersed with shopping, scrounging food off my beloved family, shopping, going out with friends etc.

New routine: Get up; check email/profile; get son up; get ready for work; check email; go to work (day now split between working hard to be outstanding, and checking email/profile for Potentials); go home; check email; quickly nuke two ready meals; glass of wine; one eye on Big Brother with laptop precariously perched on lap, typing out witty responses one handed with glass of wine in the other hand while son peers over my shoulder vetting Potentials; quick shower; check email; sleep!! However, I do still squeeze in the time to scrounge food off my beloved family - thank you people :)

My son has never been happier, and my alcohol level is down... but I need a PA!!

Ooh... not forgetting the new hobby (with Gorgeous H thrown in for good measure!). 45 minutes in close proximity of a real person!!

My head is spinning, and for once it's not from acohol!

0 Comments: