Monday 19 June 2006

'Mutual Contact' has been made!

No. of profile views: 21
No. of emails: 2!
Units of alcohol: No, no... that's the other Ms Jones' diary :)

Right... I've had more email!!! I've checked one guy's profile, and there is nothing glaringly bad about him, his email was both polite and interesting, so I guess under the (revised) plan worth pursuing.

So I've emailed him back - not straight away mind - obviously I don't want to appear desperate (I know, I know... my profile is live, so I must be, right!). 'Mutual Contact' has been made (this is what they call it in the online dating game)

Nervous now! I've been reading hints and tips for online dating, and apparently there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there, who may not be who they say they are! NO KIDDING!! the dating site sometimes resembles The Worlds Most Wanted (but not in a 'I want you as my soulmate' way!). What I have to remember now though is... I'm one of them!!

So... I've got a Potential No.2. I'm going to have to keep a little book of names and stuff, in case I get them mixed up (although I'm pretty sure it would be hard to mix Potential No.1 with Potential No.2 - I'm just thinking about the future, if I ever get into double figures)

So, aside from my 'Mutual Contact' (and I don't know why, but that phrase makes me giggle slightly!), I've started to be a little more proactive in my search. Now that I've realised that I can see people who've viewed MY profile, the same is true for anyone's profile I view. So a quick keyword search for 'favourite drink: champagne' or 'loves to send flowers', and there you go... at least one of those may be able to treat me to a little more than Burger King!

I'm getting the hang of this!

0 Comments: