Wednesday 21 March 2007

Wise words

Apparently, drinking red wine is not good for your teeth! I guess you can tell from that my vow of abstinence has been broken!

To be fair The Dentist was quite a nice guy. He didn't look at all as I imagined him (although, to be fair in my mind he was going to look like Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors!). He was a little on the short side though, so my stupidly high boots were probably not the best idea!

We were supposed to be meeting at 8, but I got a text off him (quell suprise!) to say he was early! Nooooooo! I'm drying my hair!

So I sent him a quick text back to let him know I'll be as quick as I can, and to get me a drink in (I wasn't being cheeky... more just pre empting a text back, which would've made me late!). I really don't get why guy's turn up so early. Yes, it's great not to be late, but if you're early just get yourself a drink and wait. Don't they understand that as a girl I've obviously timed my getting ready, and that last half hour is crucial!

Once I was ready I sauntered over to meet him. I got the usual knowing wink of the barman as I settled down with the first of my three glasses of wine (oops!). We were going to go for some tapas, but it was sub zero last night, and I never take a jacket with me so we opted for a meal in the same place!!

Now, he drove down (so couldn't drink a lot) but get this... after about half an hour asked if he could stay at mine!!!! Cheeky bugger! What kind of floosie does he think I am! I told him that as much as I liked his company I didn't think it was a good idea at such an early stage in our *relationship*!

Anyway, the rest of the night was pretty good fun! And how about this for an extremely bizarre coincidence. Over a year ago somebody actually suggested that if I wasn't single she would've set me up with him! I only actually met this lady twice, but I distinctly remember us having that conversation... she said I'd be perfect for him?!?

Small world eh!

0 Comments: