Wednesday 27 December 2006

I survived Christmas as a singleton :)

Indeed I did. My Christmas Eve turned out to be quite good fun. I got a text of No.17 from Gloucester… I think he felt a bit put out that I'd turned him down in favour of my mum!

So no wallowing in self pity, or slowly getting drunk! That meant I was on top form to enjoy Christmas day!! Yoga guy had left me some pressies the last time he was 'just passing'. Not only was there oodles of chocolate (seriously, I'm getting so bored of chocolate I've started giving it away), but he also gave me some absolutely beautiful crystal wine glasses!!

Wow!!

The rest of Christmas day I spent with my beloved family! Thank you Bruv for the most amazing Christmas dinner, and copious amounts of alcohol available. As I'm sure you all know I made the most of it!

But the nicest part of Christmas day was getting texts/calls off friends (old and new), all wishing me the best. Sounds simple, but 12 months ago if I'd gotten a text of anyone it would have meant getting the third degree (and probably worse), so it was fab to feel safe and happy. Brilliant… even if I stay single forever I'll remember this one as being special :)

Now, Potential No.76 (Baileys Guy). He's starting to sound very interesting indeed. We've got to the stage of swapping numbers, but he's not going to call until I've given him the OK. I like it… someone who seems to appreciate how intrusive it can be to get calls all the time!

Dubliner 2 of 3 has emailed to see if I fancied meeting up again in the new year? Hmmm… he was quite nice, so I may (I fancy another trip to Dublin!)

And tomorrow, it's my drink (not date) with an old friend. I'm seriously looking forward to a night out with him, and I'm surprised we've not done this before!

0 Comments: