Friday 22 December 2006

Earplugs?

I've been told on more than one occasion that I can talk. To anyone, about anything... one guy I used to go out with called it 'inane babble'! I've even been told I talk in my sleep.

Well, No.17... he can talk. My god he can talk!!

Over three hours of constant 'inane babble'... that's what happened last night. Maybe he was nervous!! It wasn't even really a conversation. The few times I was able to get a word in, and ask a question, he would then come out with a twenty minute completely unrelated monologue.

Me: "So, No.17... what do you do for a living?"
No.17: "blah blah blah..." on to something about an ex of his who had issues with cows and oriental food!

eh?!?!

At one point I was absolutely bursting for the loo, and you know you normally try and wait for a gap in conversation so you can politely excuse yourself. If I'd have waited my bladder would've exploded, so I just had to get up and run!!!

When I get back, there's what I can only describe as the most charming pixie in my seat... a poor guy of about 16, with curly black hair and glitter all over his face (bear with me on this, at that point I wasn't drunk!). No.17 had somehow captured this guy (so he had someone to talk to while I took longer than normal in the loo). The pixie looked in pain, and quickly jumped out of my seat to let me take my place back there as a sounding board.

He gave me a sympathetic look... I just smiled. No.17 is in the background (shouting something about me being his "hot date").

I can't see this one going far! He talked so much I drank him under the table! Honestly, he didn't stop to even drink, so pint for pint my Guinness was disappearing way quicker than his. Every now and then he'd comment on my drinking ability, then down his entire pint to keep up!

Apparently that's alright though (for me to be power drinking that is). "It's OK" he says... "you're Irish". Being Irish makes it OK for me to drink like a fish!

It wasn't because I'm Irish No.17 ... it was because I was bored. It was like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher!!!

0 Comments: