Thursday 10 May 2007

Date drought

Bloody hell... so far it's been a date free week!

Don't worry too much, I've still been able to get my quota of alcohol, only it's been with real people! My nieces kind of summed me up last night, while I was enjoying a (long awaited) tea with my Bruv and his beautiful family. I was offered a glass of wine, which I turned down (I was still nursing a hangover from the night before). At that point my two nieces gasped... shocked to the core!

It was enough to make me change my mind and have 'just the one'!

So, what's been happening (date wise) this week?

The Triathlete has been in touch fairly regularly, almost to the point of boring me. You know me, I'm not a big fan of the 'how was your day' back and forth. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm not interested, it just seems a little routine(ish) to be doing that sort of chat so soon.

I want to find out more about a person... what makes them tick; what makes them cry. Not what time they got up, and had for breakfast!

The Teacher... very cool on the communication front. The odd text, or undemanding Skype comment. We're possibly meeting up tomorrow night, so a potential 4th (or is it 5th) date. It will be quite funny if we do actually get together, because I'm out with the guys from the office, and he's on some kind of black tie function.

It could well be disastrous... I'm out with people, some of which think the government recommended level of alcohol is per day, not per week. And as I'm so easily led it's going to be difficult not to keep up!

So we're just going to suck it and see tomorrow.

Right, other Potentials:

The Football Fan. He winked at me again the other night. I think it was yet another taunt, what with his team beating mine in the league. I gave him a stern telling off for being so insensitive!

The Scotsman. This is a new Potential, who I've been having a little bit of 'Mutual Contact' with for a week or so. We've decided if our paths ever cross we're going to get married, and run away somewhere warm (although as a Scotsman is his book that means Devon!)

The Thinker. He's another new one. I've called him The Thinker because it's taken him three days of umming and aahing to think of something trivial about himself (I sometimes ask Potentials for a trivial fact... just to see what they can come up with).

THREE DAYS... I could've written a book on trivial facts about me in that time!

0 Comments: