Monday 7 May 2007

Detention anyone?

The Teacher showed a little hint of 'stroppiness' yesterday! Admittedly it was my fault (sometimes my organisational skills leave a little bit to be desired).

My mother picked me up for the Captains Drive yesterday (she's such a sweetie... she knew there would be free drinks on offer, and as she's keen for me to 'fully integrate' with the golfing fraternity thought taxi duties would be in order!).

It was only in the car my mother mentioned the dinner and presentation that went on AFTER the golf. What!!! I've got a bloody date at 8 o'clock! There's no way in hell I'll get back in time for that!

Bugger!

So, having to make a snap decision I sent The Teacher a text to let him know. His response... a pretty curt reply, more or less pinning me down to choose; golf or him!!!

I chose golf!

As nice as he is, golf is a lot simpler, and doesn't make you feel guilty. So, as the date was cast aside I thought I way as well make the most of a good day, and actually did very well (possibly helped by the two glasses of punch I had before the game!).

Funny moment at the club. As you know, apart from Gorgeous H, most of the guys are 'more mature' (there was actually a moment at the dinner afterwards where they were talking about free bus passes!). Anyway, this rather attractive guy turns up at the start, saunters over, and introduces himself!

Hello... has my luck finally changed at the club?? Am I playing with him??

No, I wasn't. He was playing with my mother!!! How unfair. I get paired up with a rather lecherous 'more mature' gentleman, she gets sex on legs :/

So on with the match. I sneakily took my phone with me (two reasons... The Triathlete and The Teacher). I know it's a complete no no on the course, but I *did* have it on silent! Halfway round I checked it, and surprise surprise there's a message of The Teacher!

Seems he had calmed down, and was up for rearranging the evening a little. So we agreed to meet a bit later!

Mind you, when he turned up, boy was I told off! Sheer frustration on his part. He thinks I spread myself too thinly, and don't I understand how annoying that is to others? I was half expecting him to dole out some corporal punishment for my bad behaviour!

However, once the lecture was over we did have extremely good fun. He was saved from cooking the bizarre mix of ingredients I'd cobbled together (Voice of Reason is currently refusing to have *anything* to do with a courgette!). And technically I've had 4 dates with him, as I popped to his place this morning for a coffee :)

Now onto today, and The Triathlete. He was all set for a 200 mile trip to take me to lunch, but I decided yesterday to cancel (I know, I'm just so indecisive!). Only because it seemed a little insane of him to be prepared to travel so far (although, with hindsight I could've rustled him something with the courgettes!).

Instead we've been chatting on the phone for a couple of hours, and have 'loosely' arranged to meet for a weekend towards the end of the month! Face to Face No.37. All we need to decide is where?

I think I should do the decent thing, and at least meet him halfway.

0 Comments: