Monday 20 August 2007

a victim of my own success

The new site has some 'features' that although sound pretty good, they're kind of hindering the path of true love!! Why?

Well, on this site if you like someone you can add them as a 'Favourite'. Now, I thought that's just a way of 'bookmarking' someone, But no.. it seems this is like some kind of popularity contest!

Initially I though that was great. I mean, there's nothing better than looking at your profile and seeing that 'x' or 'xx' number of people have added you as a favourite. I know all it means is 'xxx' number of people have bothered to click an extra button, just for me!

But, here's the flip side. If you start chatting to someone who you think is really cool, do you add them to your 'favourites' list?? I'm a bit lazy, so generally I don't.

Somehow I've ended up on 'xxx's peoples favourites. It could be my charm, or it could be the carefully selected pic... I've no idea, but it feels good :)

But there's this guy I've been talking to for a couple of weeks (who I really like), and we were on the point of setting a date, until this:

He's on 'x' people favourites, and I'm on 'xxx' peoples favourites. So he's all concerned about where he fits in!

How do you say' top of my list' without sounding too needy?

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Surely you just say, You're top of my list cowboy?