Saturday 18 August 2007

A lady what lunches

What a fab day... I only got lost three times (once in the car, and twice on foot)! I did call The Glaswegian to let him know, in case he thought I'd stood him up!

We didn't actually bother going into the museum we were meeting at... bizarrely there was a fab bar just next door, so it seemed a better option to shelter from the rain in there (with the company of a Guinness!). And then on to lunch in a very sweet restaurant (with the company of a bottle of wine!).

The Glaswegian is a really funny guy, and I quickly got up to full speed banal chit chat with him (what do you mean, poor guy?). After lunch we had a little wander around Bath before I scooted home at a reasonable hour!

Was there a spark? Do I want him to spend hours on the phone chatting away with that lovely accent of his?

Well, not really. He's someone I could see being a good friend, but there is no Partner Potential there. In fact, we seemed to end up more like some kind of comedy double act, with oodles of laughs :)

So, not a disappointment at all, and we've made kind of tentative plans to meet up in the autumn!

0 Comments: