Thursday 5 October 2006

Don't believe everything you read

Last night's date... hmmm, not *quite* what I was expecting (although it will all become clear shortly).

His profile seems OK, and by email he came across as quite an interesting guy. I went along to this one not even knowing what he looked like (no photo remember), but his description had him down as 6' with blond hair.

So, when this 5' 8ish guy with grey hair introduced himself I was a little bit taken aback to say the least!!!

Anyway, we did have a nice meal and a couple of drinks, and to be honest he was fairly good company, but not for me. I found out he hadn't actually written his profile at all... a friend of his (who obviously has bad eyesight) had put it on the site, to get him out of a rut!

During the date I got a text of Shoe Guy (and Richard Hammond lookalike), asking if I fancied a drink... Damn! It would've been rude to have cut the date short (especially half way through a meal!) so I declined, but we're sorting another night.

However, the absolute best best from yesterday... when I got home from work there was a message off Dubliner 1 of 3 (with wine cellar)! He was at the airport on his way to Mauritius, and just wanted to say good morning, and that he'll try to get to a PC while he's out there to email me!

Fab... now I have two messages - a morning one and an evening one. The play button on my answering machine is going to wear out!!

So, plans for the next couple of days (apart from the Dublin countdown - 18 days), is a date with Yoga Guy on Saturday night, and possibly Shoe Guy (and Richard Hammond lookalike) on Sunday night. I turned down the option of Sunday afternoon with Yoga Guy and his kids... it would've implied a hint of commitment, and as much as I think he's a great guy, we all know what happens when it gets to heavy too soon :)

0 Comments: