Tuesday 26 June 2007

Cold turkey

5 days... that's how long it's been since I've been cast out to mingle with real people, and so far I seem to be surviving :)

Getting used to being truly single is sometimes a little strange though, and there's still some reminders hanging about from my past year.

1st... No.41 (I'll call him The Intellectual) wonders if I fancy joining him for a meal tomorrow night. I'm tempted to go along, but I know he's not really my type, so it would be kind of stringing him along. He has suggested a pretty cool bar though :)

2nd... The Teacher. A long lost (complicated) love interest is about to spring back into his life, so thought it 'gentlemanly' to let me know. But, wouldn't mind staying in touch as friends. Now that always sounds like a good deal, but in reality that never works out. Imagine the scene... summer evening, night out... he with his long lost (complicated) love interest in tow, me remembering I've seen his bod. And there's always the possibility I'll turn into some kind of agony aunt (not the first time, as I discovered with The Twin).

Not a good idea, so best avoided!

3rd... Baileys Guy (remember him). For six months I've had fairly sporadic 'Mutual Contact' with this guy. Now he wants to meet (I know, we've been there before!). I've tentatively said maybe!

4th... The Barman. Now, this is 'very' interesting. I bumped into him yesterday outside the place he works (it's a bar, remember). He gave me the biggest smile so far, and yet another wink. OK, he may have a twitch... but he's quite cute, so I can see myself having to have the odd night out there soon (I guess I could suggest The Intellectual take me there tomorrow!)

Singledom so far has not been too bad then. Of course I've upped my golf a bit (which reminds me, I'm due a lesson with Gorgeous H soon).

And honestly, I will get round to doing the nominations, but it's going to have to be next week. Keep watching :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Where've you gone? having completely given up on the award ceremony, I am nonetheless missing the odd missive from the world of dating. In case there is anyone else out there with similar needs, I've had a funny dating story to share which might prompt a few thoughts. Just got this email from someone who decided, having texted me for weeks, and set up a date, that she didn't want to see me after all having spoken to me on the telephone (I had an Ollie Reed sized hangover and could barely keep awake so really I didn't blame her when she said on teh phone, I donlt think we'll get on) but a couple more texts later and I get this email by way of epxlanation:

"I realise you're completely chilled about my rather sharp about turn on the phone last night but it was a bit odd from at least my perspective so hope you don't mind me explaining. Basically I used to date a guy who it turned out used coke quite regularly and I was so naïve it took me about three months to realise and I'm not into drugs at all so we were pretty incompatible. When we spoke last night (a) your voice was almost identical to his and (b) you were sniffing a lot ( know ....you couldn't make it up could you?!) So bizarrely whilst I was trying to hold together a banal conversation my mind was racing thinking...well you can guess what! Hence the sharp about turn!! having reflected on it I realise it was a hell of a conclusion to jump to and says far more about my dating experiences than you I'm absolutely sure."

So does she think I'm boring or does she think I am a cokehead....

(Natur4ally I am a boring cokehead)

Icouldhavebeenacontender

Ms Jones said...

A boring cokehead??

Good story honey! Now, the award ceremony is going to be delayed again. Why??

Watch this space. You didn't really think I could do this abstinence did you?