Thursday 14 June 2007

I chose shoes

I didn’t actually give ‘Face to Face’ No.40 a name did I. I think I’ll call him ‘The Unreliable Hypochondriac with a Grudge Potential’.

Why?

Well, after Tuesdays comedy date, I quickly realised there is no way I could see me going *anywhere* with him (he’d probably get lost anyway). So, as I’m generally a polite kind of person I sent him a ‘thanks, but no thanks’ email. My god he took it badly! He wants feedback!! It wasn’t a bloody interview, so I don’t think I really need to.

I’ve still resisted the temptation to sign up to the ‘Upper Crust’ site (and as the title suggested, now have another pair of very ditzy shoes instead). And I’ve officially cancelled my original one too. But that site is quite sneaky too, and let me know they’d leave my profile there for 7 more days, just in case!

I’ve been there a year… I seriously doubt my Soulmate is going to spring from the woodwork now! I mean, what are the odds of that happening!

My leaving the site must have sent out vibes to a couple of ex Potentials though, as yesterday I had text’s off both The Whistler (yuck), *and* Outdoorsy Guy (yum). The Whistler wanted to know how my swing was coming along, and Outdoorsy Guy wanted to know if I fancied a drink sometime (he’s obviously worked his way through some Potentials, and is bored!)

I did send him a text back… maybe next week!

Can’t this week though, as I’ve already got a couple of dates planned!

I’m out tonight with the Ever So Challenging Sales Guy… tapas and wine! Yes he’s arrogant, and yes I don’t see us going anywhere… but a night out is bound to be interesting (as long as I keep my wits about me!)

And the weekend… well, I had oodles of choices for this weekend…

Option 1 - My End of Dating Party. This will have to be postponed for a week, but I blame the dating site for giving me an extra time on their site.
Option 2 - My neighbours flat warming party. This is actually a fairly swanky affair, with cocktails and a Sinatra style singer in our garden?!?
Option 3 – A boat show with the Ever So Challenging Sales Guy

Or

Option 4 – a weekend with The Triathlete (and his washboard stomach!!)

So I’m going for Option 4 (if you remember my thoughts did drift off to his six pack on the date with ‘The Unreliable Hypochondriac with a Grudge’ the other night). So… two nights with The Triathlete, and we’re going to the beach!!

There’s one fly in the ointment though… he’s given up alcohol. His very demanding training schedule doesn’t allow any vices (well, I may need to clarify that!), so curling up with a bottle of red is not going to be on the agenda!

I may be able to sneak out to my neighbours for a cocktail though if I get desperate

I’m going to have to fill my boots tonight then :)

Ooh… and lastly, if I remember, I must tell you all about a brand new Potential sometime!


6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You kick ass.

Have a great time this weekend.
-Friend from work

Anonymous said...

I've been hanging around on the red carpet, waiting to see who wins Best in Show. Is the ceremony off?

Icouldhavebeenacontender....;-)

Ms Jones said...

No no no...

there has been a slight delay. I have in fact got a brand new, very interesting potential that I haven't had time to mention, so it would be unfair to dish out awards ATM.

You never know... he could be 'the one'!

An update soon, I promise (BTW, which one are you? If you're shy just give me a clue!)

Anonymous said...

No dice sweety, knowledge is power...;-)

And dish on the new guy, I'm borrrrreeeeddddddd.....x

Ms Jones said...

You're going to have to wait for full update, but I will tell you he's probably the most intelligent Potential I've had 'Mutual Contact' with.

Seriously, every email requires both dictionary.com *and* Wikipedia to decipher ;)

Anonymous said...

Tantalising as ever, good for you...