Monday 11 June 2007

You know me!

First of all, apologies for the delay in getting the nominations out. To be fair I’ve had such a giggle reading back through the year it’s confused me slightly. I mean, the number of Potentials eligible for the ‘Potential I wouldn't sleep with if they were the last man on earth’ category alone is just mind boggling!

But there has been another reason for the delay. I think last time I updated this The Triathlete was my current (and 38th) chance at love. Well, tomorrow I’m going out on my 40th ‘Face to Face’!

I know… maybe I was a bit premature with this whole ‘I’m given up dating’ thing. Much like a drug addict, it’s actually not that easy to go cold turkey. But I only went back on the site once… honestly (and as my power drinking colleague is on hols he won’t know I’ve failed the challenge, and so I *may* still get my prize!)

So loads for me to write, and you to catch up on! Where did I leave it last time?

Firstly… the blossoming romance with The Trialthlete. Well, I guess you won’t be totally surprised if I tell you we’ve had three dates (and one sweet bouquet of flowers). You also won’t be totally surprised if I tell you I can’t really see it going anywhere! Don’t get me wrong, he’s sexy as hell, with a six pack you could wash clothes on… but not really on my wavelength, and a couple of times he’s remarked on how difficult it is to get hold of me!

MY PHONE WAS OFF!!! When will these guys understand… golf and mobiles don’t mix! It’s not my rule (although, I have to say, it’s a good one). Last weekend all about golf for me. I went along to a major golf tournament (thank you Ex SysAdmin Honey for the pass!). I’m pretty sure Monty would’ve had something to say if I’d been idly chatting to a Potential at the 18th (no matter how sexy that Potential may be).

And then my own Open the following day. There’s not really an appropriate time to text sweet nothings when I’m trying my best to look not only cute, but a credible golfer too (I *think* I pulled the first off… not sure about the credible golfer part though)

Anyway, enough of The Triathlete… where the hell have 39 and 40 come from??

Number 39 is actually a friend of a friend. This kind friend suggested me and a friend of his hook up together (bless… he knew a couple of weeks away from dating was going to have me climbing the walls, craving attention!). So, what’s Friend of Friend like? Well, he’s fairly intelligent (a plus), but he’s a sales guy through and through! Not in itself a bad thing, but having previously had a fairly intense relationship with someone in this field has left me wise to the type of arrogance that can bring with it. And believe me, the guy has buckets full of it!

Don’t get me wrong… I actually like confident guys (more than I like needy insipid mindless wimps!), but when confidence crosses over into arrogance it can be a bit *too* much like hard work. We actually had a very good date, partly because we both seemed to end up playing each other! But staying one step ahead of someone who’s trying to stay one step ahead of me will be exhausting!

He’s invited me to some boat show at the weekend (more on the weekend later… I told you this would be a long one!)

And what about tomorrows date. The big 40… where has he sprung from??

If you remember I said that I slipped up on my vow of abstinence, and snuck back on the dating site (just looking, honeslty!). Well, I got a wink off this guy from Bristol, who has the funniest, most sarcastic profile I’ve seen to date. He’s gone for that ‘I’m so tired of this whole dating scene, so save me’ type profile. I’m not sure I’m the best person to convince him otherwise, but his emails are so funny I can’t resist meeting him! So I’m off for a coffee with him tomorrow night. Strangely in the same place I met my first ever Face to Face. Full circle eh?

And as I’m ‘kind of’ back dating, I may as well come clean about my latest venture. As you know, I’m officially off the dating site at the weekend (ooh… remind me to fill you in on my weekend options!). Well, the other night I ‘came across’ a dating site, run by a ‘quality’ newspaper. So I had a little look around, and noticed it was free to sign up.

So, I’ve put my profile on there!! The same profile, but to a new crowd (I say new… I’ve spotted The Teacher on there already, and The Law Prof spotted me today!). I’m interested in seeing if generally the guys there are more intelligent and fulfilling. I’m tired of one liners and text speak.

Interesting site though. Like a lot of sites it’s free to register, and as soon as your profile is public you get messages off your ‘Fans’ (there’s no winking on this site… if you like the look of someone you become a Fan of theirs. And as a Leo the thought of having an official fanbase is quite alluring!).

I’ve got a couple of Fans already, one of which I liked the look of, so I’m a Fan of his too (to get into the swing of it). Tonight I got a message off him, and yes, he Seems Nice (tm) . But to email him back I need to subscribe (i.e. pay!).

And while the mildly cynical side of me thinks this is a kind of honey trap, set up by the site to lure money out of you, the other frivolous side is edging towards my credit card!

0 Comments: