Saturday 23 June 2007

Come in No.41, your time is up

Right, I have the sofa, the DVD and the wine... and tonight I'm about to do the whole 'perfect date'.

There's just one problem... neither No.41, or the guy from the 'not a date, honestly' golf game this afternoon really did it for me!

That's it! You can't say I haven't tried, but it's just not happening!

Last night with No.41. He was actually a really nice guy. I can't even pick out any minor faults with him at all... just not really my type. It kind of shows just how easily I get wooed by words. His emails were fantastic... intelligent, witty, slightly flirty. On screen the perfect guy.

But after an evening hyping myself with espressos (he's teetotal) I realised our personalities are too different. When I'm out I want belly laughs and fun. It was a little too 'studious' for me. I like splashes of inane banter, not constant thought provoking questions.

So, off the list (the last one!)

Still not disheartened I headed off for my 'not a date, honestly' golf game. I've never met this guy, so didn't know what he was going to look like. He'd described himself as blonde, and I knew he was in his early thirties. So *obviously* that meant he was a Brad Pitt lookalike... surely?

Well, no. More like a Pitbull lookalike! With no personality at all. And the strangest and most disturbing thing was he seemed to talk in the 'third person' all the time.

Scary... very scary.

So I guess that's it for me. I will do the awards (I promise!). But right now I've a bottle of red and Bridget Jones to watch!

0 Comments: