Thursday 21 June 2007

It's happened!

What, I hear you ask... have I found love? Did I take one glance at No.41 and decide instantly he was the man of my dreams? Am I about to embark on a life of coupledom, with DVDs and bottles of red strewn about the place with carefree lustful abandonment?

Well, no... my subscription has ended. That's what's happened!

No more winks, and no more slaving over a hot laptop trying to come up with endless thoughtful, and witty replies to a bunch of completely unsuitable Potentials! Strangely enough the same laptop keeled over and died, possibly at the precise moment my subscription ended.

Did it sense the impending neglect?

Anyway... where does that leave me on the dating front??

Well, first we have the latest Potential. Last time I told you about a *possible* 'Face to Face' (No.41) with him last night... so what happened? A bunch of us went along to this gig where he was going to be working. Knowing he was going to be pretty much by the front door I did a kind of stealth/sniper entrance (I wanted to suss him out before he saw me!). Once safely into the gig it want time to send out an advance party to check him out!

So two of my friends went out and kind of sauntered past where he would be to check him out (I say sauntered past. Apparently what happened is more along the lines of two hyped up meerekats more or less stalked the area ... one of them actually shouting his name before running away. Nice style ladies!)

The verdict... "There are three guys out there, and we hope to god it's the one we think it is!" I'm now obviously intrigued, but the band have come on, which means everyone is inside. If I go out there I'm not going to be able to 'blend' into the background quite as easily as the others did!

So, I just kind of peeked through a gap in the door. They were right... there were three guys, two of which could have more than easily have been featured on America's most wanted. Thankfully my potential looked fine from the two centimeter gap in the door!

What now... do I go over and introduce myself, or do I just casually walk by and hope he spots me! One of my friends thought it was quite funny that I'd 'gone a bit shy' (her words, not mine!). Me... shy!

Right, deep breath. I'm not a bloody teenager, so I went and introduced myself! What a nice guy!! We only had a chat for about 10 minutes, but I can tell you he has lovely eyes!

I'm not counting a little chat as a 'Face to Face', so that's still to come. But it is going to happen! I had a very sweet email off him this morning, pointing out how nice I looked last night (I won't tell him how much thought I actually took in trying to pull of the casual, naturally attractive look!), and when am I free to join him (for coffee, not life!)

So we're meeting tomorrow night!

Oh, I have to share my last email from the dating site, before they booted me out:

"love the legs - and the rest nice to. im on msn if you up 4 chat and to see my legs".

I'm really going to miss those little gems :)

0 Comments: